Risk Manager Apply Now
The risk manager will provide expert advice and support to the traders on a daily basis. At senior level, he/she will act as the key point of contact between the risk and trading function for the oil business and will mentor and support junior level team members in risk, pricing and valuation.
- Establishing a risk framework and provide support for its implementation, independent oversight ensuring compliance with the requirements of the framework, related policy(s) and guidance documents.
- Defining Risk Appetite explicitly to communicate what level of risk is acceptable for trading function
- Defining Risk limit Tolerances and Appetite for trading function
- Developing standard methodologies to conduct risk assessments across the company; mitigate identified control weaknesses through the creation of appropriate action plans.
- Developing appropriate Key Risk and Control Indicators for projects; subsequently monitoring and reporting of KRIs to proactively identify exposures or control weaknesses.
- Ensuring identification, aggregation and monitoring of operational loss events.
- Ensuring the effective implementation of organization’s risk management framework.
- Continuously improve operational efficiency and effectiveness of risk management processes.
- Monitoring risk exposure to ensure day-to-day running of the business and that related barriers are resolved.
- The areas of safe operations, security, incident investigation, contract management, training & development, emergency operations and community awareness and outreach.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, or equivalent
- Experience in risk management with previous exposure working in a fast-paced, trade floor environment within a commodities trading house
- Expert in oil products on a physical level with an understanding of crude oil, fuel oil, light-ends, distillates or blending.
- Have exceptional communication skills and can confidently step into a senior level position taking on a range of responsibilities that will directly affect the performance of the business.